The first School Committee was formed in 1911 however, the first recorded meeting was held on January 27th, 1912.
The earliest record of the school still in existence is the Absence Register, started in 1902. Whilst giving no evidence of pupils, this mould spotted little book provides much information on the trials and tribulations of a succession of devoted teachers until 1959. As, with a firm flourishing hand, Alice E Meagher recorded that first absence in that register, little did she realise its value to the historian.
Committee c1914. L-R standing: Mr Essington, A. Edmonds (Head Teacher), William Rice, Leslie Austin, David Austin, L-R sitting: Mrs Jack Smith & Mrs Felix Rosser