Electric lights are now used in the school.
In the devastating Torquay bushfire the school lost the girls toilets, shelter shed, fencing, lawn mower and a tool box.
S. Bensch complains of cows getting into the school grounds through the fence.
The school house was enlarged after there were complaints about students taking lessons in the shelter sheds.
In 1914, with 39 students enrolled, Head Teacher, Essington Edmonds, complained to the Education Department that the school was too small and needs to be enlarged. Further enrolments the following..Read More
In March 1899, a further petition was presented to the Education Department, signed by S. Ware, E. Edwards & E. Payne, citing that 17 children needed schooling. The District Inspector,..Read More
Alice Meagher, Head Teacher opened TORQUAY STATE SCHOOL in the Presbyterian Church / Public Hall with 16 students enrolled. The newly built Presbyterian Church, a building 25ft X 20ft, was..Read More
Residents submitted the first petition to the Education Department for a school for Torquay in April, 1896. At that time 21 children were in need of Education, and the petition..Read More