As a result of COVID-19 we must exercise caution when organising events. Due to this, the Committee has decided to conduct the AGM via Zoom video conferencing this year.
Torquay Museum Without Walls will hold its 2020 Annual General Meeting on Thursday, 12 November 2020.
Below you can find the Notice of the 2020 Annual General Meeting and associated documentation, including instruction on how to join by Zoom video conferencing. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our very best to assist you.
Please note: Anybody can attend, however only Financial Members can vote at the AGM
NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of Torquay Museum Without Walls Inc. will be held as follows:
Date: Thursday, 12th November 2020
Venue: Virtual meeting via Zoom
At this meeting the following officer and ordinary committee members will be elected for the ensuing year:
– Vice President
– Ordinary Members of the Committee
Please contact Secretary Cheryl Baulch if you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for the committee. A nomination form can be downloaded here.
Any member unable to attend the meeting is entitled to appoint another member who will attend the meeting to vote on your behalf. A Proxy Form for this purpose can be downloaded here.
- Welcome, Apologies and Introductions
- Adoption of Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 7th November 2019
- President’s Report and discussion about the past year of operation
- Adoption of Financial Statements for the financial year ended 30th June 2020
- Acceptance of Annual Report
- Nomination and Election of Officers and Ordinary Members of the Committee of Management
- Confirmation of financial membership to be retained at $20 per annum
- General Business
Documents available for download:
- Proxy Form
- Committee Nomination Form
- Agenda and Notice of 2020 Annual General Meeting for Torquay Museum Without Walls
- How to ZOOM with us
For Financial Members
HOW TO ZOOM WITH US
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a FREE cloud-based conferencing service which allows you to chat with one another using audio and /or video.
Audio (Calling in)
- Call in by phone, landline or mobile
- No need for a computer or smartphone with camera
- Speak and listen to other participants
- Use a computer, tablet or smartphone with camera.
- Install the Zoom program on your device
- See and talk to other participants
FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO KNOW HOW TO USE ZOOM
If you already used Zoom before, you can use the access details in your invitation email to call into the AGM or join the AGM with video. After joining, you will be placed in a ‘waiting room’ before being admitted to the meeting.
FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE NEW TO ZOOM
You do not need a computer, iPad/tablet or smartphone for this option. Your existing phone is sufficient, whether it is a landline or your mobile such as a Samsung, iPhone or other. Use the access details in your invitation email to use a telephone. These details include:
- Call the teleconference number
- After you dial in, you will be asked to enter a Meeting ID.
- Using your dial pad, enter the number
- You will be placed in a ‘waiting room’ pending confirmation before you are allowed to enter the AGM.
Video Conferencing instructions
To join the AGM by video conferencing, you need a computer, tablet or smartphone with camera. You will also need to install the Zoom program on your device. You do not have to sign up for an account to join a meeting.
Depending on your preferred device, please choose instructions:
If you need help to test your device before the AGM, please contact us.